Sunday, April 4

Humor

Comedy is a mysterious thing. Why do people find some things funny, and others not? What makes something inherently funny? And why do so many people find disgusting things hilarious? When I was young, I remember seeing a shift from good cartoons to stuff that just grossed me out... and made everyone else laugh. Ren & Stimpy, anyone? And it's always baffled me. What is so amusing about dipping a live bunny into molten chocolate and eating the screaming remains before it dies? I don't know, but my facebook friends loved it.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the Year of the Dead Baby Jokes. I banned anyone from telling me those. Hate them. So much.

2 comments:

Jules AF said...

I was just thinking about this too... And like, what makes a laugh the sign of finding things funny? I don't know.

Cynthia said...

Yikes...maybe you need new facebook friends. Looking forward to your shower and spending a couple days with you and Brit. xo C