Friday, June 3

Yes, I am a Birth Mom

Every time I check my reader stats on Google (which is admittedly rare), I see visits from places I never expected, and these inevitably turn out to be through links on adoption/birth mom sites. So, I guess people are coming here expecting to see the blog of a birth mom? If it were me, I would be very disappointed in this mediocre, not-at-all-related-to-adoption blog.

It's true, I'm a birth mom. I had a beautiful little girl, Isabelle, over 5 years ago now. For a long time, I talked about it and thought about it almost constantly. At that point you probably could have visited my blog and realized this is a part of my life. I still love Isabelle, she's still a big part of my heart, but that's just not a big part of my life anymore. I've moved on. It's something that happens in a healthy, well-adjusted adoption relationship. We're all happy. Isabelle is growing and thriving, I'm married (to the birth father, as a matter of fact), and we have a baby who just turned one. I have other things to think about now. Every once in a while, you may see a random post about a random visit with a stunningly beautiful and clever little girl. But that's probably all that will come up about adoption from now on.

So, I'm sorry if you're looking for a "birth mother" blog, this probably isn't it. On the other hand, if you do have questions or want to talk about it, I'd be more than happy!!! I honestly do love talking about it, and feeling like I'm helping people through my experiences. Feel free to email me: jenandbrit {at} gmail {.} com

1 comment:

Erin said...

How incredible that you are so open and available to share your story and information with others. I look forward to seeing a random post about a stunningly beautiful and clever little girl :)