Wednesday, April 22

She's three!

(Check out the plethora of gorgeous pictures here)

The official Most Adorable Girl In The Entire World turned 3 today. That seems a little surreal. I've never blogged about it before, but now that it's more or less out in the open... Three years ago, I gave birth to an adorable, precious little thing, who positively graced the hospital with her presence. Two years, 11 months, and 27 days ago, I placed her in the arms of her super-cool parents. Two years ago, I was still cringing on the 22nd of nearly every month, and crying myself to sleep once in a while for missing her. This morning, I've been writing and looking at the date for 7 hours (I worked last night), and only just realized it was her birthday when I looked at my google reader. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Part of me feels guilty, like just because I love her so much I should still be marking this day and realizing the days leading up to it and remember it the moment midnight passes. Mostly, though, I think it's a good thing. I love my little girl who's not my little girl any more, but it's her parents' job to make her birthday special. Her place in my heart has never changed, but the bittersweet day has melted into the realm of my spotty memory of things I "need to remember."

I love you Belle!


8 comments:

Julianne said...

Oh my. She is beautiful.

Brittany Marie said...

Oh I love this, I'm so glad you blogged about it! She is a beautiful three year old!

Kristina P. said...

Jen, I had no idea!

She is beautiful. I know this may sound stupid or lame coming from me, but I am proud of you. I truly think it's one of the most selfless decisions a parent can make.

Erin said...

I'm with Kristina. Wow, what a difficult thing to do. And yes, she is beautiful.

Jules AF said...

Wow. I don't know if I could ever do that! You rock! And she is adorable!

Jules AF said...

Sorry about all the exclamation points. I'm in a crappy mood and feel the need to include them or else it sounds like I hate everything.

Unknown said...

I was definitely thinking about you today. Your post was powerful. We love you.

R and A Lambert said...

I can't believe it's been 3 years already. She really is so pretty. She looks a lot like you I think.