Thursday, July 22

Happy Memories

Corbin has been so good lately. He's going down for naps regularly, going to bed as soon as I put him down without a fuss, being happy and smiley while he's awake... with just one VERY notable exception. He's been waking up every single morning 1-1.5 hrs before his designated wakeup time. Yesterday I finally gave in and adjusted his wakeup time an hour earlier... and then this morning he wakes up 1.5 hours before THAT. I can't win. I am very, very frustrated.

It's time for some happy memories.

Last week we got back from a nice long vacation in Colorado. Since I'm not working yet and Brit's done with school, I thought it would be the perfect chance to visit family, while we don't have any pressing time concerns! It was sooo much fun. I love seeing Brit's family. We went out for a belated anniversary celebration while Nonni and PopPop watched Corbin. I figured out that breastfeeding wasn't filling him up enough, and we switched to formula (he is SO much happier now!). Corbin started smiling regularly. And I took several blissful naps. I love my in-laws! I wish we didn't have to come home. Eventually, I plan on living out there.

Highlights of the week:
~Dinners at the park with the kids
~Going to the dog park with Chess and Corbin
~Date night to see Eclipse and eat at Carrabba's
~Making strawberry jam
~Eating anything I want and gaining 10 lbs (maybe that last part isn't SO much a highlight...)
~Visiting Brit's friends for 4th of July
~Watching fireworks all across the city from the deck
~Letting Nonni take Corbin at 7 am and SLEEPING IN!
~Watching the little kids try boss Chess around ("Chest! No!")
~Corbin's first real submerssive bath
~Getting Corbin to smile at every possible moment


3 comments:

Que and Brittany's Adoption Journey said...

What a great vacation! I love the last photo!

Kristina P. said...

First, love the new blog look!

Second, he is beautiful.

In Light of the Truth... said...

Hi there! I saw your schedule comment on the babywise blog so I clicked on your name to see your blog. I know you said here in this post that wake-up time and napping has been way different lately. but before you were doing this...

8am - wake up & eat (4 oz)
10:30 - bottle
11:30/12 - nap, if I can get him to go down

he's only 2 months and trying to go from 8 to 11:30 without a nap?? my son is 6.5 months and can barely make it more than two hours before needing nap again. So if Corbin really is up from 8 to 11:30 and not going to sleep well (probably very overtired by that point) then I would definitely put him for nap much earlier and see if he goes down better! Just trying to help you out!