Thursday, May 22

Why My Job is Teh Awesomsauce

(For serious, pictures WILL be coming. And an update on my fabulous trip to OH. I still don't know where my USB cable for my camera is, though.)

Y'know what I love about my job? Besides almost everything, that is. On a general note, I never find myself saying "Argh I have to go to work today" or "Man I really don't want to be here." Any frustration I feel is simply because I don't have enough TIME, and there's so much other stuff I need to be doing. Like unpacking. Which is coming along, but 3 weeks after moving, is STILL not done yet.

So yesterday, on my dinner break, I was watching the only TV channel available in the "break" room-- Fox. American Idol, specifically, at this time. There was some idle banter about who would win, who deserves it, who's better, whatever. It's the first episode I watched all season, so I didn't really care. And yet, somehow, today, I found myself in front of that TV until I really couldn't put off my duties any longer. And even then, you'd see me and Jayson sitting in there, waiting for the commercial, and then literally running out to get as much done as possible before the commercial ended. And then there was giving J his pills, and flushing his catheter, all of which I did in the room with Jayson with one eye on the TV. It cracked me up. And i love that we actually pulled it off.

I don't think I could have a better job, really.

PS- we were all shocked at who won. BOO! The other guy was so much better!!

pps-- i've now updated this twice from stupid typos. I think it's way past my bedtime. So much for getting up and going to the gym tomorrow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like you might just have to update the part where you say you love your career but not your job (yet). and yeah right this was the first episode you watched, you closet american idol watcher, you.

Jen said...

(gasp!) You're right! I do! I forgot my profile even said that....

Cynthia said...

Can't tell you how happy we are that you love your job...now if we could just get Brit into something he was excited about...we'll see! You sound great...keep up the good work.