Monday, August 10

Fetch!

My dog is so weird. She shows absolutely no interest in toys. I've tried getting her excited... nothing. I've tried physically sticking it in her mouth... nothing.

I've been able to "train" her to fetch, by throwing a toy, running to it with her, and getting her to pick it up. Eventually, she got the picture, and would run after the toy when I told her "Go get it!!" and bring it back. I'm pretty sure it was just a job to her, though, because after 2-3 throws, she always stops and looks at me like "Seriously?! I just brought that back for you. Maybe if you'd stop throwing it, I wouldn't have to go get it!!"



BTW, we've been calling her Chess, and it really fits her. So I think that's what we're sticking with.

3 comments:

Brittany Marie said...

Hmmm I think she might be related to my golden retriever (who does not retrieve). She is just "golden" in my book.

heather said...

If anything it's good exercise, right? my family had a dog once, who was a sheltie and he LOVED soccer balls. I got a lot of exercise chasing him and the soccer ball and trying to keep it away from him. Good times ...

Mary said...

My dog is the same...but I think mine is just lazy & if he's comfortable there's no way he's moving :o)